Some New Favorite Songs

On a hunch, this weekend I thought I'd vary up your musical diet a little bit while we were driving around. Instead of your usual staples of kiddie songs and us singing together, I thought I'd try playing you... The Beatles.

Instead of the usual entry point to their canon for a little one -- "Yellow Submarine" -- I played you some songs off the White Album. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da," "Wild Honey Pie," and "Hey Bungalow Bill!" They happen to all three run right in a row.

You flipped for "Wild Honey Pie." "I want to hear the funny song again!" You asked me to replay it no fewer than a half-dozen times. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" made for a fun singalong and, in fact, became my bedtime song to sing for you on Friday night (you requested "Honey Pie" on Saturday night). And "Bungalow Bill" became an epic performance with us singing along complete with motions. As we went for our walk Saturday night, you suddenly burst out singing:

Hey Bungalow Bill, what did you kill, Bungalow Bill?
Hey Bungalow Bill, what did you kill, Bungalow Bill?

A Beatle fan at three-and-a-half. You do me proud, sweetheart!

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts