To Do List

Adessa, today I was talking with a friend who told me about how he'd taken his daughter ice skating for the first time. It brought a smile to my face just thinking about how much fun it would be to do that with you -- I'd never thought of it before.

Now, ice skating with you will have to wait a few years, I think... maybe that would be best suited to try when you're, say, five years old. But thinking about it got me daydreaming of so many fun things we could do together... and I decided to list them so I wouldn't forget them. Like ice skating, many things would be best done when you're a bit older. But there are many things we can do this year. And this list isn't just a reminder to you or me... Adessa, I promise you that we'll try all these things together. Part of learning and growing up is having the opportunity to try a vast array of things to find out what you truly enjoy and are passionate about. And I want to give you every opportunity and to know that your horizons are unlimited... that you can do anything in this world that you set your mind to.

So again, this is a list of promises... we will do these things together over time, so think of this as a checklist. How many will we get to do this year? I don't know, but as many as we're able. And when you're old enough to read this list, you are welcome to ask me about doing any of these things, and as soon as possible, we'll get right on it:

1. Ice skating

2. Go out for a manicure/pedicure (OK, I might not do the manicure/pedicure myself, but I can enjoy spending time with you while you get one)

3. Visit to Sea World

4. Riding horses

5. Go to a daddy/daughter dance (I remember seeing a really cute one with a Sock Hop theme in Newport Beach... dozens of daddies with their young daughters all dressed up and lined up for the dance down near Balboa Island... I would love to go to that with you)

6. Hot air balloon ride

7. Go to a concert of your choice (whatever the equivalent of Hannah Montana would be by the time you get to that age, I'm guessing)

8. Sledding

9. Roller skating

10. Singing and/or playing music together on the musical instrument of your choice... perhaps even live in concert

11. Visit the boardwalk in Santa Monica

12. See a live theater production

13. Skiing/snowboarding

14. Watch the Rose Parade live in Pasadena

15. See the Grand Canyon

16. Go to the County Fair

17. Bowling

18. See a 3D movie

19. Visit New York City, the Statue of Liberty, see a Broadway show, etc.

20. Do a city-wide scavenger hunt

21. Have a shopping day on Rodeo Drive

22. Enjoy a "dress-up" tea at a tea room

23. Make something together like a pot or a plaque at a place like Color Me Mine

24. See a movie at Grauman's Chinese Theater

25. Trip to Disney World and Epcot Center

26. Boat ride to Catalina Island

Can't wait to start tackling this list with you, Addie...

Daddy

Comments

  1. Awesome list!!! Can we join you for the Grand Canyon and Statue of Libery items? I've lived in both states and have seen neither. I mean, we can cross that bridge when we get to it, but tentatively, can you pencil us in? :):)

    ~Aunt Noelle (& Uncle Matt)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts