Midnight

This is "Midnight." Actually, we're not sure if "Midnight" is this cat's name... nor do we know if Midnight is a boy or a girl. I guess we assume Midnight is female (you always refer to her as "she"). Anyway, Midnight has become something of an adopted cat for us because she's always out front of this house we pass when we take walks together. One day, we decided to walk up to her and see if she was friendly. Turns out she is very friendly and just loves to be petted. So we always make it a point to stop and say hello and give Midnight a few friendly rubs when we pass by.


What's the cat's real name? I don't know. The owner never seems to be around so we just named her ourselves. Why did we give her the name Midnight? Well, when I was a little boy, I had a black cat named Midnight that looked just like her. And just like our new cat friend here, my cat Midnight was about the most friendly feline you'd ever meet -- gentle, loved to be petted, unafraid to walk right up to you.


So now you frequently suggest, "Can we go look for Midnight?" and without exception, Midnight is out there seemingly waiting just for us to come give her some love.


I am surprised you haven't yet asked if we can take Midnight home with us. I think that might be coming soon.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts