Port City Underground

Adessa, some people think Muscatine doesn't have any special places of its own, that you have to travel to the Quad Cities, or Iowa City, or Des Moines, or Chicago to have a good time. I don't believe that's true. You just have to look in the right places.

One of the places we've found is Port City Underground -- it's a little hard to spot because, true to its name, it is literally underground in downtown Muscatine. But on a hot day like today, it was so nice to descend the stairs into this cool, dark restaurant with stone walls and rope lighting.

I asked where you wanted to sit and you pointed to one of two booths, saying: "I can lay down here!" And, true to your observation, halfway into our meal you were lying down, reclined in my lap, enjoying some pizza, as pictured above.


As usual, you wanted to pose for a picture with my sunglasses on. I think you'd look great in some Junior Wayfarers.


"Il conto, per favore!"

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts