"Daddy, meet my new friend!"

It was a very hot day today, so we went to Weed Park in order to spend the afternoon at the Aquatic Center. But first, you wanted to stop at the "swings and slides." I sat in the shade with Bella while you made a beeline for the slides and a few other little ones who were out playing.

It was just moments later that I noticed you had grabbed the hand of another little girl and you were twirling around with her and leading her around the play area.

And just a few minutes later you yelled out to me as you ran over to me with her in tow:

"Daddy, meet my new friend!"

Oh, I got a kick out of that... so did her family sitting right there beside me. You were so proud to bring her over.

"What's her name, honey?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't know," you replied. "What's your name?"

"Jordan," said the little girl.

"Jordan," you repeated back to me.


Then, turning to Jordan, you told her all about Bella: "This is Bella. She's a little Yorkie. She's three years old, right Daddy?"

"Bella's six years old, Adessa. You're three years old."


Jordan thought you were as cool as the other side of the pillow and loved hanging out with you, as did her cousin and brother who were there as well.

Her family told me that Jordan is five years old and her father remarked to me, "Well, it's easy to see who's in charge here!" You were definitely not intimidated by a girl two years your senior.


I joined you to play over at the ramps and walkways and one point, you tugged one of the little boys over to me and said -- and I quote, verbatim:

"Daddy, meet... my new cousin brother!"

Ah, Adessa. Not only have you never met a stranger, you apparently have never met someone to whom you are not related!

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts