Shadow Animals

Sunshine has been intermittent lately.

This has made it difficult for us to do one of your favorite activities these days, Adessa: making shadow animals.

It all started a few weeks ago on a day with bright sunshine. I noticed a perfectly square bright sunbeam on the floor and showed you how I could make shadow animals with my hands. Started with the usual ones: a dog, a cat, a duck.

You were fascinated.

"Daddy, I want a shark."

"I want a polar bear."

"I want a monster. A big monster."

(I'm sensing a theme here.)

Since then, you've really expanded your requests... giraffes, little fish, wolves, dinosaurs, even jellyfish. Of course, I give you the animal sounds with each of them, though I'm still not quite sure how to vocalize a jellyfish.

Problem is, the sun has been mostly hiding behind clouds in this last week or so, making it difficult for us to play this game. So it's kind of led into another game: we play something else, all the while keeping an eye out for when our sun returns. And when it does, one or both of us gives a yell and we run over to our sunbeam to take advantage of the precious seconds of sunshine so we can do our shadows.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts