Cowgirl Hat

A couple weeks ago, when you first got on your horsey kick (as in, "Daddy, put on your saddle blanket, and I'm going to ride on your back"), I promised you I'd get you a cowgirl hat to wear. Simple, right?

Not so much.

I looked in a lot of places... Toys R Us, Nordstrom, Macy's, Gymboree, Target, Walmart... no dice. Finally I lucked out: I was at The Children's Place at the mall way out in Thousand Oaks and I asked one of the employees if they had any sort of cute cowgirl hat -- even a funky fashion straw hat kind. She said sorry, but they don't have anything like that. It would be a seasonal item and it might come in in the spring but she couldn't promise anything. But a mommy shopping in the store overheard my question and came up to tell me, "I know a store that will have what you're looking for. I don't know the name of it, but it's the children's store over at Janss Marketplace just a mile from here."

Janss Marketplace? Hey, we know that place, don't we, Adessa? It's the other mall in Thousand Oaks... the one with the playland you love so much:


Right away, I knew the store this nice lady was talking about... I even knew right where to find it, which was good, since neither of us knew the store's name.

I hustled right over to Janss Marketplace and went right to the spot. Turns out, it's called Kids' Club. The owner of the store was in that day and asked me right away what I was looking for. I told her I wanted a cowgirl hat -- preferably pink -- for my little three-year-old girl. She gave a great big smile that told me I had indeed come to the right place.

She led me over to a display in the back of the store and sure enough, there it was: exactly the kind of hat I was looking for:


It was exactly what I had envisioned for you: a cute little straw cowgirl hat with pink piping. I'm not sure who was more pleased: me for finding the perfect hat after a long search, or the store owner for having just the right item in stock for an obviously relieved Daddy.

I thanked her and told her just how much you were going to love the hat. She was so excited and gave me her business card with her email address and asked me to send her a picture, which I did last week.

I was hoping you'd enjoy the gift and you sure have. You love to put it on "all by myself" and you're getting pretty good at orienting the hat the right way, then drawing the bead of the chin strap up correctly. You look as cute as a ladybug in that hat and I've taken to calling you "Calamity Jane" as a fitting new nickname when you're in your cowgirl garb.

Daddy

Comments

  1. Adessa and Tim...
    I sure can't wait to see pictures of your new cowgirl hat!!! I bet you look so cute in it. Maybe your daddy could send me some pictures so I can see.
    I read also that you got to go to a pottery place and create your own coffee mug for your mom.... Ryker, Brynna and I got to make some pottery last year and are about to venture to that same place in a week to do it again. Last time both Ryker and Brynna were a little too little to understand what exactly they were doing, but I think this time, Ryker will be like you and will really enjoy the creativity.
    Love you both... your cousin Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts