Bag Rides

"Daddy, can I have a bag ride?"

You must have asked me this one hundred times over the past couple weeks, Adessa. Though my shoulders may ache and my arms might grow tired after a few dozen trips carrying you around, I never get tired of hearing you ask it.

It's simple enough: you crawl inside one of those handy IKEA bags we bought years ago for laundry, hauling groceries, bringing things in and out of the RV, etc. They're perfectly sized for a little three-year-old girl with enough room to spare for you to bring your "friends," as you always request: Teddy Bear, Snow White, Big Tigger, Little Tigger, Ming Ming, Fuzzy Bunny, Moo Cow, and the newest addition to your crew, Red Bear. Oh, and of course, Blankie Bear, too.

With all of you safely inside, I then pick up the bag by the handles and take you for one of three thrilling rides: the Swing (self-explanatory), the Choo-Choo Train (dragging the bag along the floor), or, your favorite, the Airplane (picking you up aloft and shuttling you around like a jet plane).

You're getting pretty big, so after 15-20 seconds airborne, we come in for a "landing," complete with sound effects. And, immediately, you ask, "Again?"

I've played baseball and basketball, lifted weights, and cycled for twenty miles at a time, but I'm telling you: there's no more thorough workout I've experienced than giving you a series of airplane rides. And you know what? It is worth all the effort, ten times over, just to see you smile and hear you giggle with glee every time.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts