Early Easter Egg Hunt and "The Tactive"

I bought some plastic Easter eggs for you the other day, Adessa -- the kind you fill with candy -- and I brought them out yesterday for an early Easter egg hunt since I thought you'd probably get a kick out it. You did really enjoy it; in fact, you really got into it, to the point where you stopped the game to tell me:

"Daddy, I'm going to be the Tactive."

"The Tactive?"

"Yes, I'm going to be the Tactive."

"What does that mean, honey?

"I'm going to be the Tactive and find all the eggs."

I replayed "the Tactive" in my mind a few more times, having no clue what in the world you meant. Then finally it hit me: you were going to be a detective! Of course! You had me laughing out loud with that one.

"Yes, honey! You'll make a great detective! Let me get you a detective bag."

I emptied out my computer bag -- it's one of those over-the-shoulder messenger bags and I thought it looked suitable for a detective. You slung it over your shoulder, gathered up the half-dozen eggs I'd hidden, and then decided to add a few more items to your bag of "clues."

"I need Red Bear in my bag... and I need a bottle of water in my bag..." Pretty soon, you were dragging around quite the collection of items.

One thing I am absolutely certain of: you are the cutest little "Tactive" on the face of the earth.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts