Horsey Ride? No, Elephant Ride

The other day, as you put on your cowgirl hat, you told me, "Daddy, I want you to put on your saddle."

"OK, honey," I said, as I got down on my knees so you could climb on my back. "You want a horsey ride?"

"No, I want an elephant ride."

Great idea, actually... I mean, on a horsey ride, you might see some cows, sheep, goats, and other farm animals... but on an elephant ride, what might we encounter?

"Wow, Adessa, an elephant ride... what kind of animals are we going to see?"

"We see tigers!"

"What else?"

You thought about and then said: "I want to see an ostrich... and a hippopotamus!"

"What about lions? And zebras?"

"Yes!"

We had a great time spotting all these animals and these days you are doing a wonderful job of using your imagination. We pointed out to each other all the different animals and pretended to go through rivers, beside watering holes, and through trees as we went on our little safari. I'm really proud of how your imagination is starting to take off.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts