Movie Night

Coinciding with Father's Day weekend, Toy Story 3 opened today. Which of course meant we just had to be there to check it out on opening night. I honestly wasn't sure how you'd handle sitting through previews, the pre-movie short film, and then the movie itself, but you know what? You did great. You had your bag of popcorn and couldn't have been happier than to munch away and take it all in.

I apologize for the quality of the photo. I've seen Sasquatch pictures with more clarity... but that's what I get for using my BlackBerry to try to take a pic in a dark theater.


After the movie, we went out to dinner. You were pleased to sketch away on your kids' menu...


...and I don't think I'd ever seen you so focused in a noisy, distracting environment before. Seriously. You are really gaining the ability to concentrate.

Anyway, today was one of those crazy, schizophrenic Iowa weather days: first sunny and warm, and then pouring rain with 70-mile-and-hour wind gusts, then back to sunny and calm, and then -- during the time we were in having dinner -- the white squall returned.

By the time we emerged from the restaurant, it looked like a typhoon was making landfall!

And of course, we were parked on the far end of the parking lot.

I asked if you were OK to run through the rain with me and you said "yes." So...

I held you tightly in my arms, covered your little head, and we ran out into the rain yelling and laughing like a couple of nuts. I don't think we'd laughed so hard together in weeks, sweetheart. There was just something fun and exhilarating about it! We laughed all the way to the Jeep and then piled in, soaking wet, and laughed some more.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts