More Thoughts From a Three-Year-Old

Some more things you told me over the past few days I just had to jot down:

Adessa: "Daddy, can we go up to the top of that water tower?"
Daddy: "Why do you want to go up there?"
Adessa: "Is there a swimming pool up there?"

Adessa: "Did we put suncream on?"
Daddy: "Yes."
(pauses a few moments)
Adessa: "Good. I like to get a sunburn."

Adessa: "Daddy, look, I can hit this ball and it's Kray-Kro!"
(Daddy looks confused)
Daddy: "Kray-Kro?"
Adessa: "Yes, it's a Kray-Kro ball!"
(Daddy thinks it over a few moments then laughs)
Daddy: "Oh, do you mean croquet ball?"

While we were eating ice cream -- indoors, mind you -- you turned to me and,
out of nowhere, asked:
"Daddy, are you nervous about bugs?"

Daddy: "Hey, look, there's Pizza Ranch."
Adessa: "I don't like Pizza Ranch."
Daddy: "You don't? Why?"
Adessa: "I don't like Pizza Ranch because... I do like Pizza Ranch!"
Daddy: "Oh, you do like it?"
Adessa: "No, I don't like Pizza Ranch."

While out on a bike ride:
Adessa: "Can I look through your wallet?"
Daddy: "Sure."
Adessa: "I want to look at the sandwich." (Subway gift card in my wallet)
(a few moments go by)
Adessa: "I want to look at you now." (My drivers license)
It is heartening to know I come in second place only to a sandwich!

Comments

  1. Adessa, it is obvious to me you are a deep thinker - for example, I think it is entirely appropriate to wonder if there might be a swimming pool way up on top of a water tower - after all if there's water in there why couldn't they make a pool with it?!! And I loved your question to Daddy asking him if he is nervous about bugs. I'm guessing YOU are the one who's a little skittish about them and that was your way of getting him to think about them and make sure he was okay to protect you from them! Love reading all about the adventures you two have!
    Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts