Father's Day - Part 1

Today you asked me: "Is today Father's Day?" My answer: every day I get to spend with you is Father's Day for me. Yeah, that's corny and I never thought I'd hear myself saying stuff like that... but it is absolutely true, my dear.


Today, you wanted to play the drums and so I sat you down behind the kit and let you have at it. You were feeling a little drum-shy though so I came over and gave you a little help.


I then took you downstairs for Sunday School and you just weren't feeling it... you wanted to stay with me and I was trying to talk you into staying for the fun you were sure to have when all of a sudden, the teacher started a game of Simon Says. That got your attention right away! You love Simon Says these days!


"Simon Says, put your hand on your head!"


"Simon Says, sit down!"

Of course, it also helped that your good friend Ashlann was right beside you.

I quietly sneaked away and you had a grand time.


Later that afternoon, we decided to be very brave and join a group of eleven other friends for lunch out together on Father's Day. Trying to do a big party together on a busy holiday at a restaurant can be a disaster but it worked out great. You were in a very gregarious mood and happily chatted everyone up.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts