Pretty Easter Dress

Grammy and Grandpa sent you a package of goodies for Easter, Adessa, and among those goodies was a pretty new pink dress for Easter.

Sadly, you were pretty under the weather on Easter Sunday morning. You'd started to lose your voice the night before. By morning, you sounded like a different little girl with an adorably scratchy little voice. No fever, but enough of a runny nose where I thought it was best if we didn't go to church that morning.


By the afternoon, you were doing much better, so we went out for lunch and stopped by Barnes and Noble to read some books together. You got plenty of compliments on your pretty new dress.


You were especially enamored with the Charlie and Lola series of books and asked me to read lots of them to you, including I Really Absolutely Must Have Glasses, Charlie Is Broken, and I Can Do Anything That's Everything All On My Own.


It was pretty quiet at B&N. We had the whole Children's section all to ourselves, so I was free to make all the exaggerated, goofy voices and sounds.


Father and Daughter together... and for that, I am grateful beyond words. Happy Easter, darling!

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts