Birthday Party

Today was a lot of fun, Adessa -- sharing a special birthday party celebration with you: balloons, blowers, a chocolate birthday cake (with nine candles because that's how many you wanted), songs, games, and an enormous mountain of presents that made your eyes practically pop out of your head when you saw them.

We might have reached a turning point today -- maybe. I asked you early on, "How old are you?" And you replied with your usual, "I'm Adessa." I laughed and explained "No, honey... you just turned three years old... so when someone asks you 'How old are you?' you tell them 'I'm three years old.'" I could tell you absorbed this and sure enough when I asked you later how old you are, you grinned really big and said, "I'm three years old!" I guess the real test will be when I ask you this again in a couple days.

You were fascinated with the cake and enamored with the candles... you gave blowing them out your best shot and with Daddy's help we got em all. Took a little while, though.

As for the presents, here's the inventory of your gifts today:

From Uncle Matt and Aunt Noelle:
  • Three Dr. Seuss books: The Cat In The Hat, Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog?, and Great Day For Up (which we later read together)
From Grammy and Grandpa:
  • Candy Land board game
  • A sweet little girl doll that is the spitting image of you
  • A Disney fairies backpack
  • A Disney fairies musical toothbrush holder and cup
  • A Winnie-The-Pooh toothbrush
From Daddy:
  • A new hat
  • A pretty new pink long-sleeve shirt with a pink ribbon and corduroy pants
  • A remote-controlled Tigger that does flips and handstands
  • A Thomas The Train wooden train set
  • A Build-A-Bear factory set
  • A couple glow-in-the-dark bracelets
  • A recorder
  • Eight more bracelets
  • Two toy dinosaurs: a brontosaurus and a triceratops
  • A Hello Kitty umbrella
One last thing that cracked me up: you kept asking me for help opening presents, saying it was "too hard" to tear the gift wrap off the boxes... now that's a first. Pretty much all I had to do was get a little tear started and you did the rest.

That was a lot of fun today, honey... still can't quite get my head around the fact that you are three years old now.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts