5

Five years ago today -- this very moment -- I know right where I was.

I will never forget that moment.  When I saw her for the very first time.  I can still see her in my mind, just as she was.  Seconds old, filling her lungs to cry for the first time, beautiful beyond words.

Adessa Landers Brinkman.

In that moment, in that mix of joy and fear, she changed my entire life forever.

There are some things that remain indelibly etched in our brains, things we carry with us everywhere we go.  I am so grateful for God blessing me with the most perfect -- the most wonderful -- gift humanly possible.  A birthday gift that arrived one week early in the form of a tiny little girl.  I was blessed in ways that surpassed my imagination that day and I still am.

Happy birthday, Adessa.  May God bless you and keep you every day of this year.

Comments

Popular Posts