Storytime

Adessa, I am so proud of your love of books... how you enjoy having stories read to you, how you interact with me by pointing out characters, animals, and colors... how you sit in the nook of my arm with Blankie Bear and your binkie and turn the pages for me... and then, when the book is finished, you help me exclaim "Theeeeeeeee End!"






Right now, your favorite book is Pinocchio, and we've read it dozens of times together. I'm getting pretty good at doing all the voices: the old man Geppetto voice, Pinocchio's squeaky little voice, Stromboli's booming baritone voice... the book is now tattered with years of wear because it was read to me by your Grammy and Grandpa when I was your age. Thankfully, they had the foresight to save that book, along with a bunch of other great ones like Button Soup, The Magic Grinder, Sleeping Beauty, and The Jungle Book... all of which are in heavy rotation on your favorites list.

One thing I will never tire of is having you sit in my lap as we read a story together. You make storytime a little bit of heaven on earth.

Daddy

Comments

  1. Adessa, it is so fun to see you and Daddy reading together! Reminds me of when he was a little boy and I was reading those same books to him! I'm glad you like books as much as he did - that will help you when you go to school. I'm anxious to see you and read to you too! Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts