Culinary Creations

Some wonderful friends from Vancouver, Washington arrived at our house a couple nights ago, Adessa -- Josh Walters and Joel McBroom from Ductape Comedy (more on them tomorrow). So we decided to treat them to a special meal tonight and you helped me create it.


Of course, every chef starts preparation by washing her hands.


Very thoroughly, of course.


I decided on a menu of baked chicken and potatoes with a spinach salad as a starter. You supervised the pouring of the olive oil...


...and personally applied the seasoning both lefthanded...


...and righthanded.


You then selected and counted the potatoes... one potato, two potato...


...three potato, four.


Washing the potatoes.


Very carefully distributing the strawberry slices to each salad.


Chopped walnuts for the salads.


"Hey, Daddy, can I crunch a nut?" And you did.


I held the crumbled cheese and you "tapped" it onto each salad.


You've really learned your lesson about staying away from the hot oven (in fact, I asked you tonight if you were scared of the stove and you said you were, "cause it hots me.") so when it came time for me to put the chicken in you scrambled into position safely under the table to observe from a distance.


Oh, and you even fed Bella her dinner for the evening!

I wish I could say I took photos of our finished dinner, but as it happened, by the time it was ready we were all so hungry that we didn't give it any thought. Suffice it to say, everyone enjoyed the meal you were so instrumental in helping prepare. Bravissima!

Daddy

Comments

  1. Adessa, you seem to be a natural in the kitchen. Daddy is very fortunate that you are such a good helper. I'll bet Josh and Joel were pretty impressed with the meal you two whipped up for them. It sounds delicious!
    Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I too have a daughter named Adessa. She was born in 2001. She is our special gift as well. She wanted me to "google" her name and we found this. Your Adessa is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts