Sunday Morning Snaps

Sunday mornings, we get up early. I guess it's not crazy early or anything -- 6:45am for Daddy, a little after 7:00am for you -- but it's definitely earlier than we prefer. We both like our sleep.


Anyway, these Sunday mornings with you are precious to me. I wake you up in "stages": first opening a window, then turning on a light a few minutes later, then finally rousing you by talking to you picking you up. When you're awoken from deep, dreaming sleep you are not in a good mood. I've found that by slowly awakening you in these stages, it really helps your outlook. In fact, you usually end up being your usually morning cuddly and cheerful self this way.

Sunday mornings are special and you know it. You always ask me:

"Are we going to church?"

"Yes, honey."

"Are we going to see Chole and Cooper?" (The two puppies that live next door.)

"Of course!"

"Will Ashlann and Jaden be there?"

"Sure! And I know they can't wait to see you, too."

This morning, you added someone new to your list of inquiries:

"Where does Autumn live?"

Autumn is a little seven-year-old girl from church whom we saw Wednesday at the Riverfront Park in downtown Muscatine. Ever since then, you've been excited to be able to play with her again.

"Muscatine," I replied in answer to your question. "In fact, we'll drive right by her house on the way to church."

Upon arriving at the church, you're soon greeted by Ashlann as her mommy is always there early with the worship team. The two of you hang out and play in the pews while I'm rehearsing with the band. You also spend a lot of time on stage -- hanging on my leg, laying in my guitar case, or helpfully re-arranging my music sheets on the floor.

Anyway, these pictures above are from this morning and I took them and posted them here because I always want to remember these mornings with you. I'm so glad I get to share them with you and I treasure them. Seeing you in your cute little Sunday outfit with the morning sun behind you as you clutch my Bible (which you always insist on carrying) while we walk across the parking lot to the church just captures the essence of so much of what I love about these times.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts