"Despicable Me!"

A few weeks ago, Mommy took you to see an animated film called Despicable Me. You were so proud to tell me about this. What I was so impressed by is your absolutely letter-perfect pronunciation of the title.

In fact, just because I get such a kick out of it, I'll ask you from time to time:

"Adessa, what was the name of that movie with the grumpy old man?"

"Despicable Me!"

"What was that?"

"Despicable Me!"

"One more time?"

"Despicable Me!"

You say it with a big grin as I am know you are aware of how smart you sound rolling it off your tounge with the greatest of ease. It's something kind of small... but I'm proud of you, honey!

Daddy

Comments

  1. Adessa, this reminds me of a very similar experience with your Daddy when he was growing up. In his case, he was impressing everybody at a very young age with his ability to memorize state capitals. One of particular interest was Montpelier, Vermont. We just loved to hear his perfect pronunciation of that city name over and over! Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts