Here Comes Fall... For Real This Time?

Today, Adessa, cool weather blew in again, making for some really nice weather for playing outside -- and not a moment too soon... Halloween is just around the corner. It's almost November!

So we took to the great outdoors for a picnic lunch, a little sidewalk chalk drawing, more harvesting of your favorite "peanuts" from the seed pods laying on the ground, hide and seek, sliding down the slide together, some rock hunting, and a fun new toy I brought today: a fully automatic bubble gun!

I had my doubts about this bubble gun, I confess... I bought it at the Southern California Fair two weeks ago... and the wonderful toys demonstrated by the barkers at the fair don't always work so well in real life.

Of course, we were both delighted when this bubble gun not only worked... but worked incredibly well. We had more bubbles than we could shake a stick at. So many tiny bubbles were floating around us, it looked like we were in a glass of champagne... or an episode of The Lawrence Welk Show.

And just when I thought you might grow tired of them... "Daddy, can you make some more bubbles?"

"No problem." The supply of "bubble juice" that came with the gun lasted an incredibly long time. We must have cranked out a million bubbles.

You tried your hand at the bubble gun a few times, but kept coming back to asking me to make the bubbles... you were more than content to stand in the middle of the bubbles, silently, a big smile on your face.

My only regret was that I'd left the battery for the camera at home! I wasn't going to be able to get any pictures today! Very disappointed about that until...

We turned around and Miss Debbie was very kindly snapping photos of us! Miss Debbie saved the day! (Thank you, Miss Debbie!) And here are some pics she texted to me:

Note your hair done up in a really cute and sweet little ponytail.


Here you are trying your hand at the bubble gun.


Daddy with the bubble gun again... when the wind wasn't blowing too hard, we'd have a few hundred bubbles aloft at the same time.


All in all, a beautiful day to enjoy outside together. Cool enough for comfort, even when we were both running around.


Oh, and you drew me this beautiful picture with yellow chalk on black paper... that is now hanging on the fridge. Thanks for the gift and the wonderful day together, Addie.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts