12 More Things I Love About You

As you wind down your your third whole year on this earth, here are twelve more things I just adore about you these days, Adessa:


12. I love how, even when we're outside in a busy public place, after we've been playing a couple hours you want to crawl up in my lap to relax while we read a few stories together... just long enough to recharge so you can get your second wind and play some more.

11. I am so proud of your vocabulary... you're now regularly using big words like "wonderful," "awfully," "binoculars," "disgusting," and "careful"... all correctly.


10. You are incredibly, undeniably cool.


9. Laying down for a quick catnap with you is heavenly.


8. I love how you want to fix my owies with a bandage... or, in this case, a piece of turkey.


7. I love how, with a little encouragement, you've become so brave in meeting and playing with other little boys and girls... watching you take charge and organize little games with other little ones who are even a few years older than you is incredibly sweet.


6. You amaze me with your intelligence and quick learning... for months, you've known the alphabet, can count to twenty, use big and descriptive words, can put together puzzles and shapes on your own, make up little songs and jokes, and are all-around very quick-witted.


5. Goofy faces. Need I say more?


4. I am so proud of your love of animals... you can identify penguins, giraffes, zebras, lions, wolves, octopi, crows, dinosaurs, horses, cows, bats, owls, tigers, monkeys, snakes, lizards, frogs,
crocodiles, and deer all by name... but your favorite animal in the whole world is undoubtedly your very own Bella.


3. One of my favorite "little things" you do these days is when I tell you I brought you something, and you say, "Daddy, can it be a surprise?" Which means you want to cover your eyes with your hands while I bring out whatever it is (it could be anything: a present, a hat, even your lunch) and then count to three and say "Surprise!" while you open your eyes and get all excited. Hey, I have to admit, it does make things a lot more fun.


2. I love how every time -- and I mean every time -- we come to "bless Grammy and Grandpa" when we pray together, you open your eyes and exclaim, "Grammy and Grandpa are coming! Grammy and Grandpa are coming, and we're gonna have a really big party!" I also love how, at the end of the prayer, you finish it sometimes with "Amen" and sometimes with "The end!"

1. For all the other things, big and small, too numerous to mention that surprise, delight, and endear you to me, I say this: I am so glad you are my little girl, have always been my little girl, and will always be my little girl. Whether you are two, twelve, twenty-two, forty-two, or sixty-two, I hope you will always feel secure in my unconditional, unwavering love. I love you with every bit of my heart, Adessa.

Daddy

Comments

  1. Adessa, I can assure you that your Daddy thinks you are the sweetest most special little girl in the world - and you know what? Grandpa and I do too!

    Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts