I'm A Viking!

So, you wanted to play bubbles outside today, Adessa... and we made some bubbles, but you got a hold of the bubble wand, waved around a few times, re-imagined it as a sword and declared: "I'm a Viking!"


And thus began an impromptu game in which you chased me with your "sword" declaring over and over again, "I'm a Viking! I'm a Viking!" while I played the part of terrified villager trying to escape.


I even fashioned a "cape" for you out of my shirt. Here you are striking a beautiful swashbuckling pose.


Pausing to adjust your weapon.


The funniest part of all of this: from time to time, you'd just stop and say, "No, I'm Adessa." I'd come up and say "Oh, you're Adessa again?" and then you'd surprise me by suddenly turning back into a Viking. Yikes!


Sometimes, the best games are the ones we come up with on the fly. "I'm a Viking!" is a winner, I do believe.




Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts