More Pics

Some more pics from our time together yesterday, Adessa:

Adessa and Daddy together... I'm sporting a new, shorter haircut to complement yours. (Although, by definition, aren't all haircuts shorter?)


An especially pretty photo of you playing by the fountain.


In what has now become a weekly ritual for us, we made our pilgrimage to Cold Stone Creamery for a special ice cream treat. As we were eating lunch, you were already anticipating this: "Daddy, when can we have ice cream?" I told you that we'd have some just as soon as lunch was over and asked you what kind you wanted this week. "Vanilla!" you replied, immediately... it seemed you'd been putting some thought into this.

But as you can see in the picture above, the decision is much more difficult to make when confronted with such a vast array of different colors and flavors. These days, you seem to be more interested in the colors than the flavors. Which is what led you to select yesterday's flavor, "Orange," which was actually Pumpkin flavor.


I wasn't sure you'd like it so I asked for a sample for you to try... you told me you liked it so we went ahead with a cup of that with marshmallows mixed in, per your request.

You even paid the ice cream man yourself, got to keep the eleven cents change (for the fountain, of course), and even put a tip in his bucket all by yourself.


"I can't wait to try this ice cream!" you seemed to be thinking.

Well, there was a tiny problem... once we got outside and you actually started eating your ice cream, you discovered that you weren't so thrilled with Pumpkin flavor after all. "Daddy," you said after a few reluctant bites, "I don't want any more ice cream." Surprised, I tried some myself. I have to agree; it tasted like a nice big cup of bleah.

I decided we'd just let it sit for a while as we went back to play some more. Sometimes, as the ice cream melts, it's a little easier to eat anyway.

We came back to it twenty minutes later -- on a hot day, no less -- and I don't think it had melted one iota. No wonder it tasted weird... must be made out of plastic.


I picked a snapdragon flower for you and showed you the "dragon mouth" trick where you pinch the sides and make the flower's "mouth" open and close. I remember my Daddy showing me this when I was a little boy. We had hundreds of flowers in our gardens all around our house on Howard's Point Road in Excelsior, Minnesota. The snapdragons were always my favorite.


We went shopping in Michael's and you took charge right away, grabbing a little basket to put items into... such as...


...a glitter ball, a koosh ball, and some stray silk flower leaves you found.


In the end, I helped you pick out something to take with you -- a single, pink silk rose. In the checkout line (which was really long), we were surprised to see someone with a caramel-colored poodle riding around in her shopping cart! "Woof, woof... woof, woof!" you exclaimed to the doggy, and she (he?) gave you a knowing look. I'm not sure what it was you said to the doggy, but it seemed to be well-received.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts