Cracking Each Other Up

Adessa, you make me laugh -- a lot. Sometimes it's a funny thing you say, or a silly game we're playing, or a face you make, or a song you sing... or just you being you. Together at Cold Stone Creamery on Wednesday we had one of those times when we cracked each other up.


As I carried you into Cold Stone, you decided to pull down the collar of my shirt... and you spotted a red mole I have on the upper part of my chest. Immediately you exclaimed:

"Daddy, you have a nipple!"

Honey, I don't think I'd laughed so hard in a week. There's just something so irresistably, adorably hilarious about you making an observation like that. And you were so pleased to make me laugh like that, that you started cracking up... and you just repeated it louder:

"Daddy, you have a nipple! Daddy, you have a nipple!"


By now, we're walking inside the store... still laughing... I explained to you, "Sweetie, that's not a nipple, that's a mole." You paused for a moment, thinking... and then exclaimed again loudly:

"Daddy, you have a nipple! You have a nipple!"

Of course, by now the other customers are looking at us... and we're both just belly laughing again. Now the others in the store are laughing... because what you're saying is pretty funny.

Adessa, we've been all around the US together and have visited countless amusement parks, zoos, aquariums, malls, and other attractions, but sometimes it's simple little things this that are the most fun. Just laughing together with you.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts