From the Vault: Guitar Lesson

These photos and this video are all from February 29, 2008 -- your first Leap Day -- and you were just thirteen months old, Adessa. We were pretty far from home, up in the beautiful Central Coast area of California that weekend: San Luis Obispo, Guadalupe, and Pismo Beach. Here you were helping me play my guitar... and thus began an impromptu guitar lesson.


You got up close and personal with my guitar and tried to play the strings with your teeth... a la Jimi Hendrix. Check out Bella poking her head in the picture, just over my shoulder.


Big smiles all around as you stole my guitar pick and tried chewing on it...


Later that evening, we went out for dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant in Pismo Beach called Giuseppe's Cucina Italia... authentic inside and out, including the vintage Vespa here you posed on for a photo.



Back to the guitar lesson with a video of you trying your best to strum away... it's trickier than it looks. But you are definitely enthusiastic! I hope you and I are singing and playing together for a long, long time, sweetheart.

Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts