Twelve Things I Love About You

12. When I ask you "How old are you?" and you answer, "I'm Adessa."

11. When you ask to play Hide and Seek... and then pretend you don't see where I'm hiding until I make animal noises so you can come and "find" me.

10. When you smile and laugh REALLY BIG like this:

9. When you say "Let's lay down, Daddy" and then curl up on my chest for a short pretend nap.

8. How your already gorgeous blue eyes seem even bluer when you wear a pretty blue dress.

7. How you listen to me when I ask you to stay seated at the table while eating, or to only draw on the sidewalk with the chalk and not the walls, or to keep your shoes on while we play outside. You test me a little bit, but in the end you're a great listener and try your best to do what is right.

6. When you'll point to a scratch on my knee and say with a lot of concern in your voice: "Daddy, you have an owie. You need a Princess Band-Aid."

5. How you always -- always -- offer me some of your food... and insist on feeding it to me.

4. The funny little phrases you say like "Up in the air!" when you throw a balloon, or "Down goes Frazier!" when you or I fall down, or "I caught you!" which you say during any game we play and at any random time. Not to mention your surprising -- and correct -- usage of big words like "wonderful," "accident," and "apologize."

3. How you are tall for your age -- all the way up to my hip already -- and yet a very graceful runner, dancer, spinner, prancer, jumper, skipper, and leaper.

2. The way you lay your head on my shoulder or neck when I pick you up and give a big sigh when you're tired and just need a little break.

1. Everything else -- because I love everything about you, Addie... period, end of story, full stop.

Daddy

Comments

  1. I second what your Daddy said! Grandpa and I have always thought if we had sat down and specifically ordered a little granddaughter with all the endearing qualities and beautiful inside and out ways anyone could wish for, we would have gotten you - because, Adessa, you are everything we could ever want and we love you beyond anything!

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts