P is for Photographs


P is for Photographs.

"Who needs pictures," Brad Paisley once sang, "with a memory like mine?"  I used to have that same attitude; I wasn't much for pictures, believing instead that my memories were enough for me.

Having Adessa changed that.

It took me a while, but I realized that she changed so quickly, that the stages she went through were so fleeting, that my memory just couldn't keep up.  Milestones that seemed minor at the time in retrospect took on enormous meaning.  And my recollections were simply inadequate to keep up with everything.

Thank God I have thousands of photographs to relive it all.

I've published many of them here; I have many, many more to put up over time.  It is a joy to immerse myself in those times and those memories, and it only makes me love her more.

Comments

Popular Posts