S is for Sharon

S is for Sharon...  the name of Adessa's Grandmother and my Mother.  She is a gracious, beautiful woman and she is everything I hope Adessa grows to be.  She raised me with more love than I could ever recount and I have been blessed all my life for her to be my Mom.


The name "Sharon" appears in the Bible, in Song of Solomon, where the beloved speaks of herself as "the rose of Sharon."  It evokes beauty, wealth, and blessedness, associated with being a princess, and altogether fitting for a woman like my Mom.


Adessa could not have a Grammy who cares for her more.


I am proud of her.  She is a treasure.


My Mom has been absolutely enamored with Adessa since the day she was born.  She is her only grandchild and is so precious to her.


My Mom prays for Adessa every day, without fail.  She has enormous faith and lives it out in every facet of her life.


"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much," wrote James in his epistle, and my Mom is a righteous woman who prays effectively and fervently.  I have no doubt that she touches the Lord's heart when she prays for Adessa.  I don't fully understand how our prayers change our world and circumstances, but I do know that Adessa is blessed to have a prayer warrior like her storming the gates of heaven on her behalf daily.


It is my prayer that Adessa knows her Grammy as she grows up, that she gets to spend time with and be close to a woman who exemplifies God's standard of agapeo love.  Adessa deserves it.


My memories of my Mom growing up are all sweet; a constant presence of encouragement, caring, selflessness, and devotion.  She is the person who led me to the Lord.  She showed me what true love looks like.


I'm proud of my Mom's tender heart and forgiving spirit.  She is a hug, a laugh, a warm smile, a big heart, and a welcoming soul.


We do not know what the future holds, but I believe with all my heart that Adessa will know her Grammy and will be blessed by knowing her. 


Mom, you mean the world to me and you are wonderful beyond words.  You honor Adessa with your love and faithfulness for her and that blesses me, too.  I pray you are blessed in return today and that you know how much you are loved by the both of us -- today, tomorrow, and always.  Happy Mother's Day to you!

Love,
Timothy

Comments

Popular Posts